Thursday, June 23, 2011
Thursday, June 09, 2011
I might be called a religious fanatic if I try to justify why I, a Hindu, was offended by MF's paintings but who cares - my answers to the liberals
- The painting were drawn in 70's - why such hulla in the 90's? Information spread quickly in the 90's as compared the 70's. People were better educated, more aware of their rights and probably, had more sense of swabhiman!!
- See you backyard - what is Khajuraho - isnt it a pornographic description? 1st I personally believe indian society was much liberal and it amalgamated due to coming of the Islam and Victorial culture (let it leave for some other topic). Now on question of Khajuraho - whatever pornography they have carved out of stone do not depict Nude goddess or deities!!!
- Artistic freedom of expression - shouldn't he be allowed to express himself? Yes he is and on should express but shouldn't he also think about the feelings he might hurt. I condemn the Danish cartoon drawn because of insensitivity towards the Muslims but shouldn't I, by the same yardstick, condemn this great artist?? Did MF Hussain ever supported the cartoonist saying that he should be allowed 'freedom of expression'? Did he tried to depict any Muslim symbol as nude?
- Nude goddess are pure - but then why all the of his muslims drawing clothed? If he was an out an out 'Nude painter', I won't have any problems with his nude paitings of goddesses but he seemed to have selective nudity in mind.
P.S. I, seriously, do need feel offended by the paintings (who cares - I am more of a spiritual atheist and believe real hinduism, per se, do not care about these things) but the reason that liberals will abuse conservatives for all India ills without knowing the facts made me write this short post!!!
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Today, after a long time, an article caught my eyes which took me back almost 6-7 years when I used to float around a mail (mostly fact, some fiction) when BJP unfortunately and unexpectedly lost in 2004 elections. The mail was something which contained fact and (probably) fiction about Mrs. G and how humiliating it will be if that piece of foreign **** becomes Indian PM just because an old political party has distorted history in in such a way that every good thing in India has happened because of some foreign educated Mr. G and Mr. 'krishan kanhaiya' N. At that time it was more of a young blood boiling who cannot accept the fact that in a population of 1 billion , because of this old party, we will again be ruled by a foreigner and this time it's more from a guy who though wants to do something for the country but has a much better things to take care of - roti, kapda, aur makaan - because, unfortunately my dada-pardada didn't leave swiss bank accounts for me.
People while voting for congress sometimes justify it by saying that the family gave its life for India and Congress has done a lot for the country. My question is what the hell has Congress done for India other than distorting the history so that I am always indebted to them and less I say about the great family - is better.
A few of the things which were done, probably, were the best option at that time and lot of people were inspired by the organization but the fact is INC and the Father do not deserve as much credit as is being given to them
Mr. M.k. Gandhi and his contribution to Indian Independence:
1919: If India takes part in WWI, independence will be given? Was it given... No!!!
1942: Did Quit India movement achieved what it should have?... No
What made British leave
Their own dirty war..
SC Bose & INA
The Indian Navy rebellion of 1946 (search for it...!!!) which is mentioned in 1 line in class 7th/ 8th history text books.
It's a no brainier what happens if a country's force is not with the rulers but this fact has been conveniently and deliberately forgotten.
The X, Y & Z generation is too happy with the holiday on the 15th but the fact is that the true story has never been told and hopefully, soon credit will go to the right people and not to some money hungry politicians and their legitimate/ illegitimate children. Who rules might not matter to you now because you have all the resources but who knows you children can be affected.
History is there so that we can learn something and its a golden opportunity, we, the people of India, have to use the means of communication and knowledge which we never had to learn the truth and analyze where we have been wrong!!!
If MK Gandhi is that great as is being told since yours-my-or your fathers nursery class - why it took him 40+ years to get a country independent... what an efficiency rate?
If congress and its policies were that great why was it that even after 40 years of unopposed rule majority of population was poor/ illiterate. Germany or Japan were in no better condition - destroyed by the war and paying war costs to the Allies for years to come.. but their was a marked difference between them and India after 40 years!!!
Who first supported those because of which Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi were killed? Both have respectively supported Bhindranwale and LTTE and ultimately both were the reason of their killings (similarly like Osama was made all powerful By US and he made them bleed) - so I do not think they laid life for the country and I am not indebted to them
Monday, March 22, 2010
2. In my 1st RTI I have asked about my actual scores and data based on that which I have been denied. Now I wish to ask you how such a data can be ‘propriety’. The reason given is ‘Public disclosure of the questions, its contents, answer keys and specific scoring procedures for each candidate compromise validity and subsequent use of the questions.’ Now the idiots (mind my language) but it is a collective frustration of so many days, so many students who have been cheated and the way authorities are treating students – now coming back to the point – they are saying that content, answer keys etc. cannot be disclosed – but how on the earth these idiots can say ‘specific scoring procedure’ compromise validity. How can disclosing scoring procedure compromise validityty. Or it is because of the reason that the scoring itself is so screwed they are bloody afraid of disclosing each and every step? I am really sorry for using swears words but… this is the state of the nation and the professors and the nexus between academia and the corporate.
Dear Shubham Lahoti,
This is with reference to your mail to IIM requesting for certain information under the RTI Act, 2005. We have carefully reviewed your responses, rechecked your scores and have found them to be absolutely correct. You will be happy to note that they are exactly the same as reported to you on www.catiim.in.
To safeguard certain information which is proprietary to Prometric and IIM and to ensure the integrity and security of CAT, it will not be possible for us to disclose the additional information that you are requesting for. We continue with this practice which has been followed all along in CAT and in all other tests of other educational institutions. You will understand that the purpose of the test is to assess a candidate’s aptitude and skill in a domain. Public disclosure of the questions, its contents, answer keys and specific scoring procedures for each candidate compromise validity and subsequent use of the questions.
The above policy is consistent and based on the academic work done in this filed, the references for which are given below:
1. Principles for the Validation and use of Personnel Selection Procedures, 4th Edition, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Inc. (2003).
2. Standard for Educational and Psychological Testing, American Educational Research Association, American Psychological Association, and National Council on Measurement in Education (1999).
We wish you all the best in your admission process.
CAT Candidate Care Support
Prometric Testing Pvt. Ltd.
Monday, March 08, 2010
American firm Prometric, which conducted the computer-based Common Admission Test (CAT), today sought to allay doubts raised over the credibility of the assessment of papers and said "fair and equal opportunity" was given to candidates to display their knowledge.
"How did you decide that every one was given a fair and equal opportunity? Will you be kind enough to enlighten us? Was anyone found guilty of cheating? Or by fair and equal opportunity you meant those who got less marks their marks were increased and for those with higher higher marks, it was decreased."
"We have reviewed the test scoring and we are completely confident that the results are appropriately distributed across the population, and that the test were performed well within international standards," Prometric Chief Operations Officer Charles Kernan told reporters here.Despite repeated requests why are you shying away from sharing these international standards and their impact on the CAT scores?
The three-step CAT test development process includes calculation, equation and scaling of the raw scores and was conducted in alignment with the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing, the American firm said.
Now even a nursery class student knows this - we are asking how you equated the scores. And if you so confident gives us our actual scores.
The computer-based 'CAT-2009' in the first phase was marred by technical glitches from the very first day as students faced problems while logging on at centres in Gujarat, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Bhopal.
Nearly 7,000 students had to take the test in January this year during the second phase. They could not take the exam in the first phase due to glitches that were attributed by the IIMs and Prometric to virus attacks and hardware problems.
"We take the blame for whatever happened. But, this is the first time in 31 years that the IIMs preferred the computer method. Even EVMs were criticised when they were introduced 10 years ago. Now, they are path-breaking," Prometric India Managing Director Soumitra Roy said.
Definitely EVMs are here to stay but do you think you have a single chance of staying here. I can go on and on but the best one is: IIMA director himself has said you guys faltered 'badly'.
Saturday, March 06, 2010
Just a small piece from the interview (just stumpled upon in night so recorded screen)
Some points he made like
- they have updated the website with the procedure? Who are they fooling... themselves...HUH???
- He is very confident of prometric? That's why IIMA is thinking of scrapping their contract... HUH?
I hope to get hold of whole interview tomorrow which will expose how confident and consistent he was in his interview...!!!