Sunday, January 14, 2007

Daman: the adda of Gujjus

A trip with my school (childhood) buddies. Though the trip was on a little costlier side but was worth it.
People: Nitin, yash, me
Vehicle: Plane, train, auto, bus

Bangalore To Mumbai: Air
Mumbai To Daman: Train then auto
Daman To Mumbai: khatara (broken) bus and then train
Mumbai To Bangalore: Air

As it was the year end the city was full of Gujratis who mostly, I believe, were there to enjoy and drink. To be true, we weren’t in Daman to explore a lot and mostly did one think – not to be mentioned here – hey… don’t get me wrong. Anyways had a lot of fun, attended a beach side new-year party, watched that ’russian’ channel, doing stuff in a boat (I didn't do much but still the location was awesome when you can just see water all around you and a glass in your hand :P) and travelled to another beach which we agreed could have been much better location to live in. I also believe Daman can be developed more as a tourist spot. Oh btw one more thing I forgot to mention - the activities going in the cottage next to ours… again such things can’t be said in public – and hey, I won’t be writing it this time.
Why the trip will be remembered: First trip with these guys after growing up and traveling in a khatara roadways bus, then an unreserved train (standing) and then an aeroplane – all within 5 hrs. Such stark differences in travel mode just made me wonder.

No comments: