Thursday, November 30, 2006

Logic: What is it

Well, I am also confused about what I wish to convey/ ask but will try to put the following thoughts in the best possible way/ words as well as possible.
I am here not to ask about the dictionary meaning of this word but let's say, the philosophical meaning behind the use of this word. When someone says- what is the logic behind 'this'?? - what does he mean by it. If I give him a answer with some 'vague resoning' which is logic as per me, then whats the problem that majority, as per standard norms, won't accept my 'this'. Can't Logic be said, just as, 'Belief of the majority, which according to the present understanding of the human is almost correct'. Instead of calling a person illogical and insane(??) isn't it better to call him someone with a 'point of view which cannot be accepted in the present scenario'.
I, myself, generally prefer to define Logic as:
Belief of the so-called intellectual

This definition of mine comes from the fact that whenever I have discussions with a so-called intellectual person on the particular topic of 'existence of God/ Supreme Being etc.', 'Possible Existence of advanced Vedic Science', 'Correctness of Astrology' etc., final point where the things ultimately end is - what is the logic behind 'this'?? (Well, to prove astrology I am generally able to give some decent 'logical' explainations but still people won't accept as it is something vague and 'intellectuals can't believe such things..) Hence, lets talk about the case of the existence of Mr. God.
Yes, definitely I havn't seen him, I cannot represent him in some mathematical formula (as of now) but I have, lets say, experienced him because of my 'Belief' (may be you can call it just as Blind faith or say my Brain making me to 'believe' that I'm experiencing him). So, I say according to my logic, which is based on my experience and definitely, Belief, God exists. But for someone like Mr. so-called Intellectual, who neither has the Belief in Mr. God ( & hence wont have experienced him) nor is trying to see someone else's point of view, isn't it just that he is imposing his Belief using the shoulders of widely accepted definition of the Word LOGIC??

No comments: